Monday, January 28, 2019

LIVING EXPECTANTLY...ON THE LOOKOUT

Mark 15:43 “He was one who lived expectantly, on the lookout for the Kingdom of God.” - Message Translation

LIVING EXPECTANTLY…ON THE LOOKOUT

The Message Translation describes Jospeh of Arimathaea as “one who lived expectantly, on the lookout for the Kingdom of God.” (Mark 15:43)

I am challenged today to live expectantly, on the lookout for God’s Kingdom. First of all I am challenged to live my life today anticipating the sound of the trumpet. I want to be looking for the return of my King. When I live looking for the coming of my King it changes my system of values. Earthly things begin to dim when I am living in the light of heaven.

When I live expectantly, looking for the Kingdom of God it changes my character. The return of Jesus has always been a motivator toward holy living. In 1 John 3:3 the Holy Spirit inspires John to write, “And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.” (KJV)

But I am challenged by another thought. Am I on the lookout for activities of the Kingdom of God that are occurring around me? Sometimes I can be so busy looking for what I perceive to be the big kingdom stuff that I miss Kingdom activities. God may be at work, but I miss it because I am not looking for Him in the affairs of my daily life.

Today, I want to not only be looking for Him to come to set up the eternal Kingdom (come, Lord Jesus) but I also want to be expectantly looking for the Kingdom happening around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment